Brandy, Rum and Whisky Guidance Summary
The ADA has prepared a ADA Guidance Summary for members to assist with the legal definitions in Australia of brandy, rum and whisky.
2020 ADA National Conference and Annual General Meeting
The ADA Annual Conference Goes Virtual: The Spirit of Togetherness – 16th November 2020
2020 has presented its own set of unique challenges to Australian distillers. From bush fires, to floods, to a global pandemic there has not been a more crucial time to connect, plan and overcome the obstacles facing the Australian distilling industry. Due to continued restrictions on travel and social gatherings, the ADA Annual Conference will be going virtual for the first time ever. The conference, presented via Zoom, will provide an accessible platform for members and non-members to express their ideas and contribute to the evolution of the Association and the wider industry in the current global climate.
There is still an overwhelming under representation of Australian craft in the local spirits market. Combined, Australian distillers represent less than 1% of the total spirit market. The local spirits industry still has a long way to progress in order to compete with global brands. To achieve this local and eventually global recognition, The ADA recognises and continues to nurture the union of Australian distillers through the promotion of events such as the annual conference. The opportunity to network and deliberate with key players in the local industry will only strengthen the Australian distilling community.
Event Date: Monday, 16th November 2020
- Online Registration: 9:00am AEDT (Sydney)
- Event Starts: 10:00am AEDT (Sydney)
- Event Concludes: 4:45pm AEDT (Sydney)
- Optional Extra: Virtual drinks at conclusion 5pm AEDT (Sydney)
- The world of spirits and Australia’s place within
- Industry debates
- How to do business in a post-Covid world
- The impact of Covid on the Australian market: IWSR view on recovery
- Technical session on safety
- Responsible marketing and packaging (ABAC)
- Stu Gregor | Four Pillars Co-founder / ADA President
- Andy Young | Managing Editor ‘The Shout’ & ‘Bars & Clubs’
- Messages and information from sponsors
- $50 for ADA members
- $300 for non-members (includes annual Associate membership)
Tickets include special offers from event sponsors.
Event Platinum Sponsor:
Event Conference Drinks Partner:
Event Gold Sponsor:
Event Silver Sponsor